Your staff schedules are made of shifts. To populate the schedule, you can make some shifts.
First of all, make sure that you have some users with the Shiftee Employee user role.
Go to Shifts –> Add New to create a new shift. The fields you will see on the shift page are:
- Title: the title is optional, but it makes it easier to find shifts on the “All Shifts” page of your dashboard if you give your shifts a title.
- Description: the description is optional. Your staff will be able to see the description.
- Scheduled Start Date/Time: the date and time the shift begins.
- Scheduled End Date/Time: the date and time the shift ends.
- Clock In Time: the date and time the staff member clocked in.
- Clock Out Time: the date and time the staff member clocked out.
- Locations: if you select the geolocation option on the settings page, your employee’s location at clock in and clock out time will be recorded here.
- Notification: if you check this box, the shift’s employee will receive an email when you save the shift to let them know that they have been scheduled for a shift.
- Shift Type: this is optional, and by default will be set to “normal.”
- Shift Status: this is optional, and by default will be set to “assigned” if you assign an employee to the shift, and “unassigned” if you do not.
- Location: optional.
- Connected Users: click on “Choose Staff Member” to select which employee will work this shift.
- Connected Jobs: this is optional. Click on “Choose Job” to select which job the employee will do on this shift.
Each shift can only be assigned to one staff member. If you want multiple staff to do the same job at the same time, you will need to create separate shifts for each of them. If you want one staff member to do the same job on multiple days, you will need to create a separate shift for each day.
Once you have created some shifts, they will show up on the schedule. To view the schedule, create a page and put the Master Schedule shortcode on the page.