Shiftee gives staff the ability to drop and pick up shifts.
There are several settings on the Shiftee settings page related to this feature:
- Allow Staff to Pick Up Unassigned Shifts: If you check this box, then staff will be able to claim shifts that are not assigned to any employee.
- Allow Staff to Drop Shifts: If you check this box, staff will be able to drop shifts.
- Drop Shift Timeframe: If you do allow staff to drop shifts, you can give them a deadline. For instance, if you want to require staff to give 2 days’ notice before dropping a shift, you can enter “48” and if their shift is within 48 hours, they will not be able to drop the shift.
- Notify Administrators of Dropped Shifts: If you want the site administrator and the staff member’s manager to receive a notification every time a staff member drops a shift, check this box.
- Notify Administrators of Picked-Up Shifts: If you want the site administrator and the staff member’s manager to receive a notification every time a staff member picks up a shift, check this box.
- Send Email Confirmation to Staff: If you want staffto receive an email with their shift details when they take a shift, check this box.
To drop a shift, an staff member needs to view a shift detail page. If that shift is assigned to the staff member, and if it is still within the drop shift timeframe, there will be a “Drop Shift” button on the shift.
Picking Up Shifts
There are three ways that a staff member can pick up a shift. For a shift to be available for a staff member to pick up, it must have the “unassigned” shift status.
- Master Schedule Shortcode: The [master_schedule] shortcode includes a row for “unassigned shifts.” Staff can click the “take shift” button under the desired shift.
- Available Shifts Shortcode: the [unassigned_shifts] shortcode displays a list of all of the shifts that are currently available. Staff can check the box next to one or more shifts and click the “take shifts” button.
- A staff member can view the detail of a shift. If the shift is unassigned, it will have a “take shift” button at the bottom.