Shiftee gives you the ability to generate payroll reports.
Setting up payroll information
There are some payroll settings on the Shiftee settings page:
- Hours: This is the number of regular hours per week. If a staff member works more than this number of hours in a week, it will be considered overtime. You can also override this on a per-staff basis by editing staff profiles.
- Overtime Rate: If a staff member works overtime, their hourly wage will be multiplied by this number.
- Scheduled or Actual: The payroll report can be calculated based on either the time a staff member was scheduled to work, or on their reported clock in and clock out times.
- Mileage Reimbursement: If you reimburse your staff for mileage, enter the amount per mile.
To generate payroll reports, first you need to enter in some information about your staff. In the WordPress dashboard, go to the Users page and edit a staff member. You will see a section for “Payroll Information” where you can enter in the staff member’s hourly rate. There are also fields for deductions (other than taxes) from the paycheck. The “Regular Hours Per Week” field lets you override the global setting for overtime rate.
Generating the payroll report
Go to Shiftee–> Payroll Report. Select a date range, and then choose whether you’d like to view the report in the dashboard or download a spreadsheet.
How payroll information is calculated
The payroll report has several columns:
- Staff Member
- Regular Hours: This is the number of regular hours worked during the report’s date range. This does not include overtime hours or paid time off. Only shifts with the “worked” shift status are included in the payroll report. Shifts are automatically marked as “worked” when a staff member clocks out.
- Overtime Hours: The payroll report tallies up how many hours each staff member worked during each week included in the payroll report. If a staff member worked any overtime hours during any of those weeks, and if those hours occurred in the timeframe of the payroll report, those hours are reported in this column.
- PTO Hours: You can create shifts with the “Paid Time Off” shift type. Those shifts will be included in this column.
- Total Hours: This column is the total number of regular, overtime, and PTO hours.
- Total Mileage: If your staff have reported mileage via the expenses report, this column will display the number of miles they reported during the report timeframe.
- Total Receipts: If your staff have reported expenses via the expenses report, this column will display the total amount they have reported during the report timeframe.
- Deductions: If you have entered any deductions in the staff profile, those are displayed in this column.
- Gross Pay: This column displays the total pay for the specified date range: the number of hours worked multiplied by the staff member’s pay rate, plus all of their mileage and expenses, minus any deductions.